Ambassadors are short-term volunteers who open doors for our organization in the community, introducing new people at our bi-monthly Fostering Community Care event. These are one hour awareness events only (no solicitations are made) to expose people to the great work of LSS Community Care. To become an Ambassador here are your responsibilities:
- 1 – Attend at least one Fostering Community Care event during the calendar year
- 2 – Host or invite and bring 10-15 guests to one Fostering Community Care event within 3 months of your attending one yourself.
- 3 – Inform your invited guests of what the Fostering Community Care meeting will be about, and let them know that they will receive a follow up call from the organization
- 4 – Ambassadors will complete their commitment after bringing 10-15 persons within the 3 month time period. An Ambassador has the option to complete after one term, continue for another 3 month term or move into another role on the team.
Become a Cirlces Ally
Allies are community members who want to be in a supportive, intentional, befriending relationship with an individual or family working to get out of poverty.
Other ways to support the Southern California Circles® Initiative
- Be an Ad-Hoc Ally – share your special skill or talent
- Be a member of your local Guiding Coalition
- Assist with weekly Child Care/Children’s Programs
- Be a Community Champion – tell the Circles story and recruit others to join
- Financially Sponsor a Circle Leader
- Facilitate/assist with Training – Quarterly Circle Leader and Ally Groups
- Behind-the-scenes work – internet research, graphic design, writing
We are actively seeking individuals and groups to be a part of our on-going mission to serve those in need. LSS administers over 50 specialized programs and services throughout the Southern California region. Contact your nearest LSS Center to hear about the local opportunities they have available.
Be a positive role model
Give back to others and help change lives
Spend your time doing something rewarding
Meet new people
Learn new skills, share your talents, build your resume
The life you change most – may be your own!